Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Apple Controversy

Watch "Gaffer Applewright Apple Trick: Controversy how to Cut an Apple" on YouTube

I have been a part of the Southern and Northern California Renaissance Pleasure Faires since I was born. For half of every year of my life I grew up not in Pasadena, but in Chipping Under Oakwood, the little village that magically appeared every spring and fall. My parents met there, ( Dad was playing Pyramus, Mom was the stage manager) I met a vast majority of my friends there and I had a hundred surrogate parents, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters and assorted morris men to keep me from getting into too much trouble. I also had a hundred teachers who taught me the valuable lessons that no one can ever hope to learn in school. Gaffer Applewright was one of those teachers, and his controversy on how to cut an apple was the first lesson I remember. Watch the video.
Rest in Peace Gaffer.

No comments:

Post a Comment