Thursday, December 20, 2012

I'ts Alive! (Mostly...)

 Happy Holidays everyone! I would have written sooner but was laid out for the past two weeks with a very aggressive cold. Since my last post, I have weathered November and most of December (cold notwithstanding,) and have a few blessedly free weeks before the next big project.

Victorian Ball was a lot of fun, as i got to dress up two of my friends and introduce them to all the dances. Oddly enough, I was asked to dance more usual and I had a wonderful time.

Dickens Fair was glorious! I saw all of my friends, ate entirely too much food, and got shanghaied by the crew of the HMS Hatefish! The entertainment was brilliant as always and there was a fabulous  new attraction this year: The Empire of Wonders, a mini tour that kind of reminded me of a ripley museum. I also visited the Adventurers' Club and watched Prince Albert present his plans for the Great Exhibition! The stage shows were hilarious, the food was wonderful, and I wish I could do more than one weekend a year.
I managed to finish my dress in time, and I have to say it turned out pretty well. I wore it with my sheer black bonnet and my velvet pelerine and got a lot of compliments on it. 
 Unfortunately I don't have many pictures of it as my tablet was out for repair during most of the construction.
                                                     




And now, a breather before the next project. Codename: The Blue Eugenie.

No comments:

Post a Comment