Tuesday, July 1, 2014

HSF '14 challenge #12: Shape and Support

This entry, along with the last one, got scaled down so I could work on my mother's bustle dress, and just like the suffragette cockade, I'm not planning to wear it any time soon. I may eventually make something that requires it, but for now my regular bustle suits my needs quite well.
The bustle pad is made of striped cotton and poly batting and it didn't cost me a dime (hurrah for decreasing the fabric stash!). 

I apologize for the low quality of the photo (and that there's only one) but it turns out that it's pretty hard to take a photo of something on the floor with a front facing camera. 

  • Historical Sew Fortnightly 2014 thedreamstress.com

The Challenge: Shape and Support
Fabric: Cotton
Pattern: Um, No.
Year: 1878-ish
Notions: Thread and poly batting
How historically accurate is it? Poly batting, so probably not very
Hours to complete: 1
First worn: Not yet
Total cost: Free

No comments:

Post a Comment