Monday, July 28, 2014

The cutest little hotel in Petaluma

Recently, Mom and I had cause to travel up to Northern California. In a fit of whimsy, she eschewed our usual defaults (i.e. Motel 6 or Days Inn) and booked us into the very lovely, very french Metro Hotel.


       The hotel is a renovated Victorian house, decorated with french furniture and memorabilia.






I am an admirer of puppetry in all it's many forms, so I was delighted to see this lovely vintage puppet theater hanging on the wall with what appeared to be it's original puppets and a lovely mural painted on the front.











                  If you want, you can even stay in a vintage Airstream trailer!


Here's our room. The walls were a cool lavender, (although the photos I took made it look a little grey) and while it's very compact, it had nice high ceilings so it didn't feel cramped


I now want this pink claw foot bathtub



                                             Yes, that is in fact a lamp shaped like a goose.

The hotel also has a breakfast area with coffee, tea and pastries for the guests. 





My Mom took this picture, She said I looked "very french"




                                       All in all, a great place to visit if you're in Petaluma

No comments:

Post a Comment