Monday, July 7, 2014

The best things in life are free, or HSF challenge #13

It's amazing how a new gadget can inspire a new accessory. I now own a Samsung Galaxy S II, which means I don't have to lug my tablet around with me to every event anymore! Since the S II was so small, I found myself in need of a smaller bag.
A friend gifted me with a piece of grey silk with just a hint of lavender. There wasn't much (under a yard) and so it sat in my fabric pile until today. I used this Three Sided Reticule pattern from the American Girl's Book, with a little modification.






  • Historical Sew Fortnightly 2014 thedreamstress.com

The Challenge: Under $10
Fabric: Grey silk dupioni
Pattern: Three sided reticule pattern by American Girl's Book
Year: 1830's
Notions: Thread
How historically accurate is it? Machine sewn
Hours to complete: About 1 day
First worn: Not yet, maybe in December
Total cost: Free

No comments:

Post a Comment